fmPreferences - FTP Connection.
FTP connection is not required, you may skip it. FTP is used for images - downloading and uploading images for products, categories and manufacturers. If there is no valid FTP connection specified, you will not be able to view images and upload them to your server.
See an example of properly configured FTP below:
- Server address - IP address or domain name of FTP server. Do not use any prefixes or suffixes there, just simple name or IP.
- FTP user name/ FTP password - specify login information.
- Images directory - default directory where all product images are stored. This is most interesting setting, see below for more explanations.
- Use passive mode (recommended).
- Max FTP threads.
- Automatically download images - has to be enabled to download images automatically to preview them in Store Manager application.
- Cache images - has to be enabled to cache images downloaded to Store Manager.
Every FTP user has home
directory - some directory on the server where user are connected to by
default. Depending on specific configuration or FTP account settings it
may be different from one server to another. After server address, user
name and password specified you may just browse your FTP and select
which directory used to store images. If you want to type path manually
start from user home directory as it shown above.
Note: FTP account
(settings - login/password) used for image management must have rights
to read/write appropriate directories otherwise FTP feature may not work
"Test Connect" button to verify whether all settings you have specified
are correct. You should see "Connection Successful" message. Press OK
to save settings and begin work.