fmPreferences - fmBridgeConnection
Bridge is just another way to connect to your database. Normally program uses direct MySQL connection to remote database installed at website or some other web server. In some cases this type of connection does not work - your hosting provider may not allow direct connections or your LAN settings/firewall prevent connection from being established. Bridge allows you to work with remote database without direct MySQL connection established.
While working through bridge you must store your temporary data somewhere in local database. Bridge is used only for two major operations - get data from remote database and post data to that database. You must understand the difference between bridge connection and MySQL connection. Bridge is not a connection itself, actually this is just a way to transfer files between remote and local machine and nothing else.
1. Download the latest version of PHP MySQL Bridge here (recommended) or open your application main directory - usually it is "C:\Program Files\eMagicOne\Store Manager for ... " and find directory "Service" there. Inside this directory you can find bridge.php file.
2. Important. Edit bridge.php file - change default user name (default username is 1) and password (default password is 1) to keep your store protected.
Open bridge.php file (you can open it using NotePad or WordPad) and find the following lines there:
$username = "1";
$password = "1";
Put your own values instead of "1" in both lines. Also here you can find how you can make Bridge connection more secure.
You may keep all other settings as they are unless you have any errors.
3. Copy bridge to your online store root (catalog) directory. Bridge should be accessible as http://www.myonlinestore.com/bridge.php whereas your store link is http://www.myonlinestore.com. For example our bridge URL is http://emagicone.com/shared_files/bridge.zip
Tip: Also it is recommended to run Bridge.php Self Test. It checks your website to make sure there are no problems in your hosting configuration. Your hosting support can solve all problems found there.
4. Open Store Manager -> Tools -> Preferences and enable PHP MySQL bridge connection check-box.
5. Specify the following PHP MySQL Bridge and Local Database Connection Settings:
Tip: Use Test Connection button to verify if all settings are correct.
Note that it is not your live store database, it is your local database used to work with your data locally. In order to see your live store data you need to Get Data from Web either using Tools -> Database Bridge -> Get Data from Web or using the corresponding Action.
Wait while data is transfered. Depending on database size and connection speed it may take from few seconds to several hours (large database + slow connection). Follow few steps of Backup/Restore wizard. Now you may work with your store - add/modify products, categories, import products etc.
It is important to post all changes you have made to your online store. Select Main Menu -> Tools -> Database Bridge -> Post Changes to Web or use the corresponding Action. This action will post all commands stored in Pending Bridge Datasection to bridge.php installed on your store. When Bridge receives the file, it will execute all commands one by one in order as they were stored/made. After all commands executed successfully, your remote store will reflect all changes that you have made locally.
Also you can Clear all Changes (will clear all commands), but pay attention that you won't be able to undo this action.
Note: If you wish to create new local database you can type its name manually and use test connection button. You'll see the notification that local database with specified name does not exist and Store Manager may ask you to create one.
Note: Local database and your store database are two different databases and their names may be different or may be the same, it doesn't matter.
Tip: Use Bridge.php Self Test Tool to
check your website and to make sure there are no problems in your
hosting configuration. Your hosting support can solve all problems found
Also you can use Database Connection Wizard to setup your connection or make Database backup/Restore selecting the corresponding actions from the drop-down.
6. Click OK to save changes and close preferences. Now you have to retrieve data from your web store into your local database.
7. In main application window - Main Menu->Tools->Database Bridge->Get Data from Web.
8. Select Main Menu->Tools->Database Bridge->Post Changes to Web. Check whether all changes you made were reflected on web store properly.
If you have difficulties with "tmp" folder please check this article for help.
Note: It is strongly recommended to create database backup before any mass operations which may be potentially unsafe.
1. Quick Start Guide >